Delaware Brand Ambassador
The Brand Ambassador is an energetic and team-oriented member of the Mispillion River Brewing team with passion for craft beer and a strong interest in marketing and branding. Brewery Representatives are responsible for managing Mispillion’s wholesale market presence, brand awareness, product representation and sales at on and off-premise retail accounts, with distributor partners, and at Festivals and events throughout your assigned distribution territory while working under the supervision of the Sales Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
Wholesale Market Management
- Increase overall sales & consumption, brand presence & awareness in assigned territory.
- Promote the Mispillion portfolio, promote new products, and enhance potential sales of existing products.
- Plan and execute on and off premise promotions as required.
- Represent Mispillion at various community events, festivals, markets etc.
- Maintain ongoing positive interaction with distributor sales personnel and decision makers at accounts for marketing, education, and events.
- Achieve planned sales and distribution goals.
- Support and promote Mispillion’s Mission and Company Culture.
- Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines.
Business Partner Management
- Maintain strong positive relations with key accounts and distributor partners regarding products and events.
- Develop new business and grow existing accounts within established sales territory and develop a plan to improve or establish business with such accounts.
- Ensure all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages are maintained.
- Track and monitor success of our products in all identified accounts within assigned territory.
- Develop, manage, and execute marketing and brand awareness programs to support placements, including promotions, food pairings, tastings, merchandising, POS, and special events.
- Monitor distributor inventory and depletion including acquiring sales and inventory reports from each distributor every 7 days and at the end of each month and delivering to sales manager. Monitor trends so to predict future orders and relay this information back to sales manager.
Company and Product Branding
- Enforce and promote Mispillion marketing goals at events and with business partners and accounts.
- Ensure POS material placement /proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts.
- Educate distributor sales personnel and decision makers at accounts regarding products and pricing.
- Organize and execute wait-staff/bartender educations, tastings, dinners & promotional events to promote new products or enhance potential sales of existing products.
- Maintain regular communication with key distributor personnel and fulfill needs as required (POS, tap handles, sell sheets).
- Ensure product quality through account calls & warehouse visits.
- Follow up at accounts to ensure our beers are properly labeled, represented, stored and served to our standards.
- Schedule regular ride-alongs with distributor reps and advice regarding seasonal/specialty beer releases and pricing.
- Communicate on daily basis w/ Sales Manager regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and any sales related issues including weekly market visit recaps.
- Complete and submit weekly work & travel logs, including reimbursable receipts per Mispillion River Brewing format and accountable plan, to supervisor.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding product info and other questions.
- Compile monthly wholesaler updates.
- Submit monthly reports to Sales Manager on performance in each of our territories and at key accounts.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- At least two years of sales or customer service experience in the alcoholic beverage industry and experience with distributor practices
- Track record of excellence in sales
- Basic knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.) in order to answer questions from customers, as well as conduct tastings, tap-takeovers and beer dinners.
- Must have ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Extensive Travel required, including overnight stays.
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver’s License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
- Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Excellent Time Management Skills – able to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills. Able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Some analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in meeting sales and revenue goals.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
This position requires the regular use of a computer, ipad, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone, scanner, calculator, postage meter, cash register, restaurant equipment, draft box, kegs, portable draft systems Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Square
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Ability to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operations, set-ups, inspections, and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
The employee is subject to inside and/or outside environmental conditions but with none present to the extent of being undesirable.
Interested? Fill out the employment application and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.