Tasting Room Manager
The Tasting Room Manager is expected to create a fun environment every day for guests and employees, drive sales through service and quality beers, and motivate the staff. The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and timely ordering of inventory and providing assistance with booking food trucks, bands and entertainment, and should possess basic tasting room safety and security knowledge. The Tasting Room Manager will help coordinate on-site events prior to the day of events, organize volunteers, apply any necessary measures to fully execute the event and ensure that our customers get the full Mispillion experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- To set good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, and attitude.
- To communicate with the Brewery COO regarding recruitment needs and to carry out interviews as required.
- To train new staff in methods and procedures.
- To implement Grievance and Disciplinary procedures where necessary, and report all serious breaches of discipline to Brewery COO.
- To promote and practice relevant health and safety and fire safety standards.
- To provide induction training for new staff, and complete Skills Checklists within their first month of employment.
- To assess training needs and provide relevant training.
- To actively participate in weekly Brewery Planning meetings.
- To direct, control and organize the Tasting Room staff within your direct span of control and to ensure that the required standards are achieved and maintained.
- To advise staff of unavailability, information in relation to beers, etc., and any other relevant information in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Tasting Room.
- To arrange, develop, schedule and maintain positive relationships with business associates (Food Trucks, Musicians/Bands, entertainment vendors and brewery operations vendors)
- To compose the Tasting Room staff schedule at least one month in advance.
- To maintain Tasting Room beer menu formatting and printing.
- To maintain beer and entertainment boards in the Tasting Room
- To inventory, lead ordering and display of Tasting Room merchandise; regularly report to brewery President.
- To ensure the complete inventory of sodas, water, creamers, 6 packs of Mispillion beer and whatever is necessary to please our guests.
- To ensure cleanliness of Tasting Room, Restrooms and Patio.
- To carry out ordering of supplies as and when necessary.
- To carry out accurate cash-up procedures at end of night.
- To communicate with Brewery staff regarding procedures, service, etc.
- To be informed and aware of all relevant legislation regarding service of liquor, opening hours, etc.
- To be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the brewery.
- To communicate regularly and efficiently with Brewery President, Brewery COO, Brewmaster and Marketing
- To constantly strive to improve the standards of hygiene and service throughout the Tasting Room
- To maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work methods and systems.
Cost Control of Bar:
- To ensure that all services delivered within the Tasting Room operation are being charged for correctly by staff
- To continually monitor stock items per week, and communicate any shortages to the Brewery President.
- To practice economy and to minimize any incorrect usage of any resources with particular attention given to achieving G.P %/Labor % and minimizing variable expenses.
- To regularly price check all Tasting Room items bought for the operation, to ensure that we are buying at the best prices available.
- To update the POS with new beers on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all staff is entering all staff beers into the POS.
Quality of Bar Service:
- To satisfy all customer requirements by ensuring that the service is constantly maintained at a consistently high standard with particular focus on regular clientele in the Tasting Room.
- To ensure that every customer leaves with a positive Mispillion experience.
- Interfacing with customers in person, over the phone and by email.
- Monitor and respond to inbound phone calls and messages from external customers.
- Monitor and respond to inbound email and online inquiries.
- Track external opportunities and contact in the company’s CRM software.
- Coordinate with internal resources to complete pricing and other needs as required.
- Inform internal team of events and details.
- Maintain event calendar.
- Serve as event host as necessary at the beginning of events to ensure coordination.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
Interested? Fill out the employment application and send a resume to email@example.com.